Monday, November 9, 2009

I'M SORRY!


Enslaved by a choice, I feed on pain
Starvation filleth my bottom-less brain!
I’m trapped on a rail …oblivious of train!
Your trust I have lost…will I ever gain?
My floods of sorrow, I fail to explain!
I’m showering in guilt…like trash in a drain….
I’m Sorry…If I hurt you...will you forgive me?

…When your fingers typed, your heart was on fire…
I smelled your status… your condition was dire….
But my comment was lifeless...like a punctured tire…..
I dressed it in garlic...with words stretching hey-wire!
I sprayed it with comic….whose sources are no where
I’m Sorry….If I hurt you…..will you forgive me?


When I “requested” for your friendship
I was lost in a sea …..…hunting for your ship…
Did you check my profile….for any vetting tip?
Or wondered which God, I love & worship?
Your response, affirmative…my life-saving drip!
I’m Sorry…if I hurt you…will you forgive me?


Many a times I chew….on hard bones of boredom….
And choke my status with words vast as a Kingdom!
Suffocating your homepage like sins of Sodom
Words void of pleasure as China-made condom!
So taxing to scroll…..your phone “pre-dotcom! '
I’m Sorry…If I hurt you…will you forgive me?

I have played it rough, spilling beans on your wall
I ignored a friendly game….a gentle toss of inbox ball
I made you wonder, if I’m a headless pal!
With a heart so cold as Everest in Nepal!
I spoiled your mood… with venom so lethal
I’m Sorry….If I hurt you…will you forgive me?

…my absence was abrupt…you never knew it was brief…
Good riddance! You murmured, sighing with relief…
Free at last! From my daily mischief!
A few did miss me, and nursed their grief
But still I erred….for leaving like a thief!
I’m sorry…If I hurt you…will you forgive me?

I paid a courtesy call to your beautiful photo….
On it I unleashed a voltage of 3-phase motor!
Did it turn your nerves…. like a plane’s rotor?
Puzzled by lyrics I borrow from a suitor?
Or did I sound mean like a fed-up visitor?
I’m sorry….If I hurt you…will you forgive me?

Two months now, your posts I had to hide….
They were coming in torrents, chained and endless as sea tide....
Clothed in colors I failed to unhide
Hunting for comments, my brain shrunk from inside
In a blackout I landed, my words couldn’t glide
I’m sorry…If I hurt you…will you forgive me?

………I am a Member! .... in your friends’ list….
It must be for a reason…your silence, as noisy as a grave…..and as bold as desert mist…..
My long posts, stresses your wall…draining its waters…pages dying of thirst…
Scrambling for space are pleasing fans….forcing “friends” to stumble clumsily in their midst!
A sweet scent hits all walls …when a function is ripe……timing as perfect as prayers of a priest!
I’m sorry….if I hurt you….will you forgive me?

Let me leave it at that!
You all deserve a pat
Be happy; feel great…wear a god-father hat!
Keep rehearsing; continue playing your part…
Yes, a façade is a life’s coat worn by the skinny and the fat!
I’m neither both nor any; my “me” will never depart…
I may be blind as many a jailed bat.
Not a relative of a mouse…please, spare me “rat-rat! ”
My cup of friends is never full; I take time to make choices like a cat
Mouthful comments, is my trademark! ….what a pity they drain your phone flat!
But time is magic, I shall explain…who knows, we’ll soon chat!
Or collide head-on in some city “mat”
May be when shopping at Prestige Nakumatt!
I’m sorry….If I hurt you…. will you forgive me?

 Copyright © 2009 Meshack Sewe
(Poem inspired by facebook
"friendships"


Note: “mat”-Kenyan popular public transport vehicles
"Prestige Nakumatt"-Popular Kenyan 24/7supermarket







No comments:

WHO WOULD TELL?

Born deaf to pleading voices of reason… Virtues roasted in sooty smokes each season… Rusty pride and arrogance of d...